Newsletter from KNX Association - October 2008
1. Status international Standardisation
- Approval of EN50090-3-3 describing the KNX interworking model and the most commonly used KNX standardized data types (e.g. for switching, dimming, blinds control, integer and float values, percentage, date/time, HVAC modes, scene control, …).
2. News from KNX Standard
- Preparation of Version 2.0 of the KNX Standard nearing completion: publication expected until the end of this year. Readability of the standard will be considerably increased thanks to the full integration of previous supplements and application notes in the existing volumes and parts
3. New Members, Training Centres, Scientific Partners, National Groups
- New members
- Advanced Digital Design S.A. (Spain, www.advanceddd.com)
- Dynalite (Australia, www.dynalite-online.com)
- Embedded Automation (Canada, www.embeddedautomation.com)
- Function Innovation & Technology AS (Norway, www.function.no)
- Integra Intelligent Systems s.l.(Spain, www.integraintsys.com)
- Vestamatic GmbH (Germany, www.vestamatic.com)
- Video-Star Electronics Co. Ltd. (China, www.video-star.com.cn)
- Viega GmbH & Co. KG (Germany, www.viega.com)
- New Scientific Partner
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (Switzerland, www.ceesar.ch)
- New Training Centres
- Tekniska Byran (Sweden, info(at)tekniskabyran.se)
- ARMO-Group Training Centre (Russia, fai(at)armo.ru)
- Schneider Electric Formation (Francek, fr.isf(at)fr.schneider-electric.com)
- Sitrain Scuola Automazione Industriale (Italy, marina.taraborrelli(at)siemens.com)
- Elektro-Innung Krefeld (Germany, frank.halbach(at)elektroinnung-krefeld.d
- New National Group
- KNX China (website under construction)
- KNX Portugal (http://www.knxportugal.com)
- New Userclubs
- KNX Userclub Denmark (www.knxuser.dk)
- KNX Userclub Croatia (website under construction)
- New Associated Partner
- AIE (Auropean Association of Electrical Constractors, www.aie.eu)
4. New KNX WGs/TFs
The TF Metering will be re-launched. In a first step this working group worked out KNX specification for heat consumption metering data. The scope of the TF Metering will be extended to gas and electricity.
Should you be interested in participating, please send an e-mail to: joost.demarest(at)knx.org
5. KNX website available in 9 languages
All KNX information (on e.g. the KNX System, Standard, Partners, Tools, News, etc.) is now available in 9 languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Polish and Norwegian. Note: Norwegian translation is still in process.
For more information see: www.knx.org
6. Surf on the new pages of the KNX website.
The KNX website content is increasing gradually with a great choice of content. We reached more than 200,000 clicks per month from 80 countries. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to click on the following links:
- KNX is Green http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx/knx-applications/knx-is-green/index.php
- Why does an Installer Use KNX? http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx/installer/index.php
- Arguments for Investors http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx/investor/index.php
- KNX Touch http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx/knx-applications/index.php
- KNX Meets Audio http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx/knx-applications/knx-meets-audio/index.php
7. KNX projects
Again it was uptodated more international projects to the already existing small selection from the many KNX reference projects worldwide from several KNX members and National Groups is available now.
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx/projects/knx-international-projects/index.php
8. KNX Awards 2008 – Winners
This year’s awards broke all previous records with as many as 5136 KNX projects from 42 countries submitted. The winnig projects are uploaded to the KNX website. You will find:
- Short description of the project
- Full description of the project
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/knx/projects/knx-award-projects/index.php
9. KNX Journal 2/2008
The new edition of the KNX Journal will be available from 3, November 2008 and it will be sent out to 45.000 customers in 75 countries. The main focus of this issue are "KNX Award 2008” and "KNX Easy Mode". Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require more copies.
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/knx-journal/index.php
10. Press release
One new press release is available in 6 languages.
- Olypic Gold for KNX
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/press-room/index.php
11. KNX Training Center Conference 2008
The next year‘s conference will be held in Germany at the Siemens Regensburg on Tuesday the 16th June 2009. You are kindly invited.
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/community/training-centres/tc-conferences/index.php
12. KNX Scientific Conference 2009
This year‘s conference will be held in Belgium at De Nayer Instituut on the 20th & 21th November 2008. The program and registration form and the application form for the KNX Scientific award can be downloaded from the KNX website.
If you are intersested about the last KNX Conference for Training Centers please click on the link below.
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/community/scientific-partners/scientific-conferences/index.php
13. KNX at the fairs & conferences
- ELEKTROtec & Lighting Lounge (Athens, Greece, 17.10.2008 - 20.10.2008, www.electrotec.gr)
- Matelec (Madrid, Spain 28.10.2008 - 01.11.2008, www.ifema.es/ferias/matelec/default.ihtml)
- HI-TECH Building & house (Moscow, Russia, 30.10.2008 & 01.11.2008, www.hitechbuilding.ru)
- KNX National Group Conference (London, United Kingdom, 05.11.2008 - 06.11.2008)
- Smart Building Congress (Hoevelaken, The Netherlands, 06.11.2008 www.smart-buildings.nl)
- Electronica 2008 (Munich, Germany, 11.11.2008 - 14.11.2008, www.electronica.de)
- Nationaler Tag Domotica & Slim Wonen (Evoluon Eindhoven, The Netherlands, 19.11.2008 & 20.11.2008, www.smart-homes.nl)
- GET Nord (Hamburg, Germany 19.11.2008 - 21.11.2008, www.get-nord.de)
- KNX Scientific Conference (St. Katelijne, Belgium, 20.11.2008 & 21.11.2008, www.knx.org/knx-partners/scientific/scientific-events)
- Sicurezza (Milano, Italy, 25-28.11.2008, www.fieramilanotech.it)
- Eltefa (Stuttgart, Germany, 25.11.2008 - 27.11.2008, cms.messe-stuttgart.de)
- KNX Swiss Table Fair (Luzern, Switzerland, November, www.knx-swiss.ch/wDeutsch)
- domogar 2008 (Valencia, Spain, 20.11.2008 - 22.11.2008, www.feriavalencia.com/domogar)
For more information see http://www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/events-fairs/index.php
14. KNX Tools - Falcon
Falcon 1.6 release is available as runtime and developer version with following new main features:
- Update of runtime and development environment to .NET2.0 and Visual Studio 2005
- Support for long fames
- Support for KNXnet/IP routing protocol
- Support of Localization of the connection manager
15. KNX Tools Online Shop
The KNX Tools Online Shop was launched at the light+building in Frankfurt on April 8, 2008. It has been very successful. Now KNX Association has increase the language integrating the Italian one. If you are interested, please go to the KNX Tools Online Shop and switch the language between: English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish and Italian Do not forget the features of the KNX Tools Online Shop as a KNX customer:
- 24 hour availability for obtaining licenses for all available KNX tools
- Payment via credit card and instant availability of the license
- Personal Login to personal data with access to all licenses, invoices, etc.
- The possibility to receive a new license key for changed hardware
- And much more
For more information visit: http://onlineshop.knx.org.
16. Various - KNX is moving!
KNX will move to new premises at the end of the year.
The new address from 1 January 2009 onwards is: De Kleetlaan 5, Bus 11, B-1831 Diegem-Brussels.
For any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me (heinz.lux(at)knx.org).
Newsletter, June 2008
Newsletter, September 2007
Newsletter March 2007
Newsletter July 2006