KNX Association eNews - May 2016
Secure allows the creation of secured communication channels between
KNX devices. In order to authenticate the sender to the receiver, each
message can contain a MAC (message authentication code). All sent
messages moreover include sequence numbers to prevent attempts to log
data and resend it later (called ‘replay attacks’).
can also be encrypted, so that only receivers having the proper key to
decrypt the information – as assigned by the ETS 5.5 software (see info
below) - can interpret the sent data. The standard extension is based on
worldwide established security protocols and KNX secure devices can be
integrated seamlessly into existing KNX systems.
New ETS5.5 now Available - KNX Secure included
ETS5.5 is now available for download. This new update is free for ETS5 licensed users. The main new features are:
- Integration of KNX IP Secure and KNX Data Secure in ETS. The different flavors on KNX Secure plus corresponding procedures/ settings are described in detail in the ETS5 help.
- Introduction of restore points for automatic backup of project work when closing the ETS project.
Find out all new features and improvements in the release notes here.
KNX Secure Web Pages
All information about KNX Secure is bundled on the new KNX Secure Landing pages. You can visit them here.
KNX Secure Flyers
Are you eager to find out more about KNX Secure? There is already an offer of several flyers in different languages that cover this topic.
KNX Secure Presentation
You can also download the presentation, where one of the topics focuses on KNX Secure:
1. News from KNX Standard
Deadlines to take into account for registration of ETS product data
By the KNX Technical Board, it has been decided that the KNX Certification Department will stop accepting ETS3 product data as a basis for KNX certification from 01 st July 2016 onwards, unless such data relates to corrections or smaller updates of existing applications (to be decided on a case by case basis). By the KNX Executive Board, it has been decided that the KNX Certification Department will stop accepting product data with an ETS3/4 style of plug-in from October 2016 onwards, when relating to new product developments. In the case where the ETS3/4 plug-in is an update to an existing product, certification is still possible until October 2019. The KNX manufacturers are herewith encouraged to abandon the old style plug-in technology for the new Device Configuration App technology introduced with ETS5.
New required labelling of KNX Secure devices
In the recent KNX Technical Board voting cycle, a revision of the KNX Certification Manual was positively voted, by means of which it becomes obligatory to label new KNX IP Secure and KNX Data Secure devices with a distinct indication (the letter ‘X’) to indicate that these support KNX Secure. In this way, the KNX installer will be able to clearly distinguish from the product label not only the supported KNX physical layer but also the supported configuration mode (S, Controller Mode, Push Button mode or LTE) and whether the product supports security or not.
For more information about the KNX Standard, visit: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx/technology/standardisation/index.php
2. KNX Association welcomes to the KNX Community
New KNX Members
BAS-IP LP (United
- Beijing Assem Tech, Co., LTD (China)
- BEMI Automation (Finland)
- ekey biometric systems GmbH (Austria)
EKON GmbH (Italy)
- Heinrich Kopp GmbH (Germany)
iRule LLC (United States)
Lime International (Jordan)
- MBN GmbH (Germany)
- PEAKnx (Germany)
- Prolite Controls Limited (United Kingdom)
- Punica Systems (Turkey)
- Trane B.V.B.A. - Dubai Branch (United
- TRILUX GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
- Wuhan Seetroll Intelligence Electronics Technology Co., Ltd (China)
For the complete list of KNX Members, visit: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/manufacturers/list/index.php
New Certified KNX Training Centres
Advantis Soluções em Eletricidade (Brazil)
- Artman Smart Energy Solutions (Iran)
- E-Necker (Austria)
- Hager Electro B.V (Saudi Arabia)
- Hanoi Vocational College for Electro Mechanics (Viet Nam)
- P&T Technology (South Africa)
- UPEC (France)
For the complete list of certified KNX Training Centres, visit: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/community/training-centres/list/index.php
New KNX Scientific Partners
For the complete list of certified KNX Scientific Partners, visit: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/community/scientific-partners/list/index.php
3. KNX Journal 1-2016
The new edition of the KNX Journal is now available for download. The main topics are:
- KNX Internet of Things (IoT)
- KNX in USA
- KNX Secure
- New KNX Products
- New KNX Manufacturers
Download the KNX Journal here:
KNX Journal 1-2016
All KNX Journals can be downloaded here: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx-journal/
4. KNX Award Winners
Again, the most prestigious awards
for the world’s best projects in the world of home and building control have
been handed out during the KNX Top Event, the biggest event during Light +
With more than 1.500 participants from over 80 countries, the
2016 edition of the KNX Award ceremony again exceeded all expectations!
in all, the KNX Top Event 2016 with the KNX Award Ceremony underlined again the
constant success of KNX and showed once again that KNX, even after 26 years in
the market, is still the worldwide STANDARD of home and building control!
Find out all you need to know about the winning projects: https://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx-awards/2016/index.php
5. Upcoming Certified Courses
Are you looking for a KNX Certified Course? On this new page you can
have a convenient overview of all the upcoming certified training
courses (basic, advanced and tutor) and register to the course of your
choice. You can also filter the search based on your location and needs.
Find a complete overview here.
6. New KNX Flyers
2 new KNX Flyers are now available:
- KNX News: At the light+building fair the latest innovations will be shown at the KNX IoT city. You can already find out what's new in the flyer KNX News with topics KNX IoT, KNX Secure and ETS Inside.
- Start@KNX: this flyer offers an overview of the various training options and
identifies how teaching materials and methods can effectively be used in
order to increase knowledge about KNX.
You can find all flyers in several languages in our download section
7. New KNX presentations
8. New Press Releases
Several new press releases are now available:
You can download all Press Releases here: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/press-room/index.php
9. New Video's
KNX Association now offers several new video's:
You can find all videos here: http:www.youtube.com/KNXassociation
10. KNX at Fairs and Events
- EL & TEKNIK 2016 (Odense, Denmark | 10.05. - 12.05.2016)
- Tektonica (Lisboa, Portugal | 04.05 - 07.05.2016)
- El & Teknik 2016 (Odense, Denmark | 10.05 - 12.05.2016)
- ISH China 2016 (Beijing, China | 30.05. - 01.06.2016)
- Project Lebanon 2016 (Beirut, Lebanon | 31.05 - 03.06.2016)
- Eliaden 2016 (Lillestrøm, Norway | 01.06. - 03.06.2016)
- KNX Conference 2016 (Bucharest, Romania | 06.06.2016)
- Predialtec 2016 (Sao Paulo, Brazil | 12.07. - 14.07.2016)
- Integrate 2016 (Sydney, Australia | 23.08. - 25.08.2016)
- Shanghai Intelligent Building Technology 2016 (Shanghai, China | 31.08. - 02.09.2016)
- BEX Asia 2016 (Singapore, Singapore | 07.09. - 09.09.2016)
- IEAS 2016 (Bucharest, Romania | 20.09. - 23.09.2016)
- Light India 2016 (New Delhi, India | 05.10. - 07.10.2016)
- Elmässan 2016 (Stockholm, Sweden | 19.10. - 20.10.2016)
- Matelec 2016 (Madrid, Spain | 25.10. - 28.10.2016)
- HI-TECH Building (Moscow, Russian Federation | 01.11. - 03.11.2016)
- Facilities Integrate 2016 (Auckland, New Zealand | 03.11. - 04.11.2016)
- Interlight Moscow (Moscow, Russian Federation | 08.11. - 11.11.2016)
- Beurs Domotica & Slim Wonen (Eindhoven, Netherlands | 23.11. - 24.11.2016)
- Euroskills 2016 (Göteborg, Sweden | 01.12. - 03.12.2016)
For more info, see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/events/index.php
11. New ETS Apps
Terminal-App by Alexander Bürkle
With terminal-App you can import KNX projects from terminal, the universal online configurator. In addition to the requirement specification generated by terminal, you can import floors, rooms and group addresses directly to your ETS project.
EI_Import by Nautibus
Electrical installation Import EI Import generates a ETS5 project from a CSV list of actuators and circuits. The list can easily be created using Excel or a text editor. The project produced contains all the necessary group addresses, the building structure and the actuators. It can be further processed with the ETS5 or EIplan5.
For an overview of all available ETS Apps, visit: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/software/ets-apps/features/index.php
12. Special ETS offer in May
2016, KNX Association is celebrating its 26th birthday and for this
occasion, and only for 1 month, a discount of 26% will be offered when buying a
new ETS5 Professional license. Do not miss this opportunity.
For more info and orders, visit: http://my.knx.org
For any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact
Newsletter - January 2016
Newsletter - September 2015
Newsletter Special - ISH 2015
Newsletter January 2015
Newsletter September 2014
Newsletter May 2014
Newsletter Special - light+building 2014
Newsletter March 2014