Mission and Objectives
Our Mission is
To develop and promote the KNX standard so that it is recognised as:
The worldwide STANDARD for home and building control
for the control of applications in industrial, commercial and residential buildings worldwide.
To ensure that the market recognises KNX Association, its members and their products as the driving force worldwide to open the Market of smart homes and buildings and enhance the share of intelligent building infrastructure. KNX Association with its standard KNX is a generator of business opportunities.
Our Objectives are
The objectives of KNX Association are oriented towards the development and promotion of an international communication standard for Home and Building Electronic Systems by :
- Developing a single stable and affordable system technology with the goal to improve overall market acceptance and expand the today’s market (mostly in commercial buildings) into the residential market.
- Encapsulating today’s existing Home and Building Electronic Systems into one common standard which serves as a platform for future evolution.
- Defining and improving the KNX Specifications related to:
- Different media.
- Configuration modes.
- Application specifications.
In respect of its coherence in communication interworking amongst devices and interoperability between applications.
- Standardising system requirements, including test methods.
- Managing the relevant system related intellectual property rights, establishing trademarks and issuing trademark licenses.
- Setting-up an appropriate certification system to enable certification of “products” (hardware, software, components) and services in order to guarantee system compatibility, interworking and interoperability.
- Introducing this standard into the appropriate international HBES standardisation bodies and actively promoting it to become THE NORM.
- Managing (including development, sales support of) an appropriate common Engineering Tool Software (ETS) and other KNX related tools.
- Promoting Certified KNX training for professional users such as contractors, designers and installers.
- Defining the long term KNX strategy.
- KNX marcom activities related to the standard (corporate image, market surveys, trade fairs, conferences, journal, website, flyers,...).
- Ensuring cooperation with the scientific world.
- Organisation of KNX Working Groups.
- Technical development support related to the KNX Standard.
- Winning new partners from industry, training and science.
- Founding of KNX userclubs and national groups.