Manufacturer Tool - Features
Features Version 5.0
The Manufacturer Tool version 5 covers all functionality of version 4. Additionally following functionality is added (extract):
- Intelligent copy of existing application parts from existing applications to other ones
- Creation/ correction of translation on ETS3 products
- Definition of KNX RF System Mode product databases for ETS5
- Complete integrated workflows on product certification without external tools [Excel]
- Improved preview of ETS parameter dialog
- Improved performance on project check or copy operations
Features Version 4.1
- Creation of product data for line- coupler with full supported group address range.
- Creation of product data for System B devices for optimizing the “initial/ first” download.
- View of ETS3 and ETS4 parameter dialog in one MT4 project (product target ETS3).
- Several user interface enhancements
- Much more!
Features Version 4.0
- Fully independent tool, no extension to ETS3 (workspace) anymore.
- Selectable ETS target version, creation of product database entries for ETS3 + ETS4 possible.
- Integration of the KNX Manufacturer Tool in already available (or supplied) Visual Studio © 2010 IDE integrated development environment (IDE), usage of all functions known from IDE (window configuration, output window, task list, coupling with software version management system, scripts, etc.)
- Integration of external tools via the menu toolbar.
- KNX product parameter dialog preview.
- Improved copy functions for the quick creation of new product parts (so-called smart copy & update).
- Product report for product documentation, own report definitions possibly.
- Extended definition of product specific test criteria for timely failure recognition during the product development process.
- Interface for integration into (automated) development process, completely controllable via command line.
- Possibility of complete product translation into several languages within the KNX Manufacturer Tool including external interface (TMX¹, XLIFF²) to commercial translation tools.
- Optional spell checker when Microsoft © Word installed on same computer.
ETS products with so-called Plug Ins are often developed with Visual Studio © in.NET or COM technology. An advantage of the new Manufacturer Tool is the possibility to create, analyze and test the KNX product database entries in the same IDE.
¹ Translation Memory eXchange
² XML Localization Interchange File Format