Newsletter from KNX Association - January 2009
1. New Members, Training Centres, Scientific Partners, National Groups
New members. KNX Association accepted 46 new Members in 2008, the more recent ones are:
- Ardan Smart Home (Israel, guy.kidron(at)ardansmarthome.com)
- Bachmann GmbH & Co. KG (Germany, un(at)bachmann.com)
- Balmart Sistemas Electronicos y de Comunicaciones S.L. (Spain, admin(at)balmart.es)
- Belden Wire & Cable B.V. (The Netherlands, giuseppe.zichella(at)belden.com)
- Brück Electronic GmbH (B.E.G.) (Germany, info(at)beg.de)
- Insys Microelectronics GmbH (Germany, mheider(at)insys-tec.de)
- Warendorfer Küchen GmbH (Germany, werner.hoernschemeyer(at)miele-kuechen.de)
2. KNX Accredited Test labs
On 12 December 2008, Elsner Elektronik proudly joined the ranks of the other European test labs that achieved KNX accreditation. This accreditation is achieved by showing compliance to the international quality standard for test lab operation, i.e. the ISO 17025 requirements as well as showing the test lab’s aptitude to carry out KNX interworking and functionality tests according to the KNX Specifications Volume 8/7/1. The advantage of KNX accreditation for test labs lies in the acceptance of their issued test reports by KNX Association, as a basis for the certification of the relevant registered devices.
- Contact person Mr. Michael Dürr (m.duerr(at)elsner-elektronik.de)
- Address: Herdweg 7, D75391, Gechingen, Germany
For more information, please visit the website http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx-certification/test-labs/index.php
3. 2008 Market Survey on Bus Technology
The statistics taken from a newly-published international market survey compiled by South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences have concluded that there is a very strong consensus among respondents regarding the global standard for home and building control: KNX is the clear favourite. The survey was conducted in April 2008 during “Light+Building”, the world’s largest trade fair for architecture and technology. If you are interested please download it on the following link.
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/news/index.php and http://www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/press-room/index.php
4. Press Release
One new press release is available in 5 languages (Dutch, English, French, German, and Spanish).
- Superb prospects for bus-based installation technology
Bus technology has become considerably better-established within the industry in recent years. Whereas in 2005, less than one in every two respondents (47%) foresaw a future for bus-based installation technology, in 2008 more than 82 percent of users predicted a great future for the technology. According to respondents, the benefits of bus-based installation technology are: increased comfort and convenience, greater flexibility, efficient energy management, and better building safety and security. For the third time running, there was a very strong consensus among respondents regarding the global standard for home and building control: KNX was the clear favourite. These statistics are taken from a newly-published international market survey1) compiled by South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences. The survey was conducted in April 2008 during “Light+Building”, the world’s largest trade fair for architecture and technology.
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/press-room/index.php
5. New KNX Flyer - NEW ! ! !
The following flyer / brochure is now available:
- Energy Efficiency with KNX
If you are interesting in topics such as how the KNX Standard enables significant Energy Savings, how KNX drastically reduces Energy Consumption and CO2 Emissions, the Efficiency and intelligence with KNX, smart metering and many more, then please do not hesitate to download the flyer (click on the link to the right part). If you are interested, please donwload the flyer:
- English version
- German version
- Italian version
- Swedish version
Dutch, French and Spanish are coming soon!
6. KNX Journal 2009, nr1
The new edition of the KNX Journal will be availablein March 2009 (before ISH fair). It will be sent out to 45.000 customers in 75 countries. At this time, the main focus of this issue is the "Smart Metering”.
If you have an important announcement regarding to KNX Devices, please do not hesitate to contact us before the 9th January 2009.
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/knx-journal/index.php
7. KNX National Groups Conference 2009
KNX has just celebrated its annual Workshop with the KNX National Groups. 17 KNX National Groups, five of them new coming from Norway, Poland, Portugal, Finland and China, met at Heathrow Airport in London (United Kingdom). The target of the meeting was to share experiences with the promotion of KNX between all National Groups. A lot of new ideas were put forward by the different delegates. It was thus very enthusiastic to enjoy what all KNX National Groups have achieved so far. This will certainly have a positive effect: the worldwide success of KNX. For the next year the meeting will be hold in Lisbon (Portugal).
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/news/index.php
8. KNX Scientific Conference 2009 and the Winner of the KNX Scientific Award 2008
The KNX Scientific Conference 2008 took place on the 20th & 21st November at the De Nayer Instiuut in St. Katelijne-Waver. Over 70 people joined together to listen to and discuss topics ranging over a wide variety of subjects. Included was KNX IP, Energy Saving and Interworking to name but a few. The presentations are to be found on the KNX web site. Our grateful thanks go to Mr Jan Derua who worked so hard to make the conference a success.
The KNX Scientific Award is granted every two years. The aim of the award is to interest young engineers in the dynamically developing subject of Home & Building Automation. This year’s award went to Mr Boris Malinowsky from the Technical University of Vienna. Mr Malinowsky’s paper entitled “Calimero Next Generation” was judged best for its originality, interest, technical and scientific value and presentation. The award was presented by Mr Georg Luber (Siemens AG) as Chairman of the KNX Scientific Award Jury during a short ceremony organized by Mr Jan Derua from the De Nayer Instituut, St. Katelijne-Waver.
If you are intersested about the result of the 2008 KNX Scientific Conference, please click on the link below as well.
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/community/scientific-partners/scientific-conferences/index.php
9. KNX at the Fairs & Conferences
- Batibow (Brussels, Belgium, 02.02.2009 - 08.02-2009, link)
- ISE 2009 (Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 03.02.2009 - 05.02.2009,www.iseurope.org)
- Energy Efficiency for Commercial Buildings (London, UK, 04 & 05.02.2009, link)
- ISH 2009 (Frankfurt am Main, Germany, 10.03.2009 - 14.03.2009, link)
- Powerdays (salzburg, Austria, 18.03.2009 - 20.03.2009)
- Powerdays (Vienna, Austria, 31.03.2009 - 02.04.2009)
- Elfack 2009 (Gotherburg, Sweden, 04.05.2009 - 08.05.2008, link)
- LivingLuce (Milan, Italy, 26.05.2009 - 30.05.2009, link )
- Ineltec (Basel, Switzerland, 01.09.2008 - 04-09.2009, www.ineltec.ch)
- ECL2009 (Brussels, Belgium, 23.09.2008 - 24.09.2009, link)
For more information see http://www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/events-fairs/index.php
10. KNX Tools - ETS Starter
11. Various - KNX Association Has Moved!
KNX Associationhas moved to a new building.
From the 5th December 2008 onwards, KNX Association is following its activities in at a new location. The address is: De Kleetlaan 5, Bus 11, B-1831 Diegem-Brussels.
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/contact/index.php
For any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me (heinz.lux(at)knx.org).
Newsletter, October 2008
Newsletter, June 2008
Newsletter, September 2007
Newsletter March 2007
Newsletter July 2006