KNX approved as Chinese standard: GB/Z 20965
KNX proves once more it is the leading open standard in home and building control technology in the world. KNX fulfills the requirements of the European standard (CENELEC EN 50090 und CEN EN 13321-1) and international standard (ISO/IEC 14543-3). The approval of KNX as a Chinese standard (GB/Z 20965) confirms the strength of KNX technology on the Asian continent.
In the early 90’s EIB, EHS and Batibus, the predecessors of KNX, were introduced in the market. In 1997 the three organizations decided to unite in order to jointly develop the market of intelligent building automation systems. Their aim was to create a common industry standard and have it recognized as an international standard. At the end of 2004, the countries active within CENELEC proposed the European standard EN50090 for international standardization through ISO/IEC. In November 2006, the KNX protocol as well as all of its communication media (TP, PL, RF, IP) were officially released as ISO/IEC 14543-3-x. For this reason KNX is the only open standard for home and building automation worldwide. The great interest in China for compatible KNX products and KNX technology was the main reason for the KNX Association to have the international ISO/IEC 14543 standard translated into Chinese. The Chinese standardisation committee, SAC TC 124 introduced the KNX standard in China and adopted it as standard GB/Z 20965 in July 2007. In the next coming years China will become one of the most important markets for intelligent buildings. KNX is well prepared:
- Several KNX member companies (two of them are Chinese) have for years been very successful in the Chinese market.
- Three certified KNX training centres offer qualified KNX professional training for system integrators, building designers and investors.
- By its research work, the Chinese KNX scientific will support the development of KNX in China.
- The product and manufacturer independent commissioning ETS tool is available in Chinese.
- The Chinese translation of the KNX Handbook offers an in-depth view into the KNX technology.
In China, there is an urgent need to lower energy consumption. China is looking for an appropriate solution in functional buildings. This is a perfect condition for placing KNX products and systems in the market.
For some years now, the KNX market has been booming in China. Important projects, such as the Beijing Airport, are utilizing KNX products.
The commissioning tool ETS and the KNX Handbook are both available in Chinese.
Pictures can be downloaded at: www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/press-room/index.php