Newsletter from KNX Association - March 2007
1 Status international Standardisation
EN 13321-2 - KNXnet/IP standard - was positively approved by CEN for BACS (Building Automation Control Systems) and published.
2. New Members, Training Centres, Scientific Partners, User Clubs
- New Members
- APT (Germany, see website)
- DELTA DORE (France, see website)
- CIAT (France, see website)
- NextSystem (USA, see website)
- se lightmanagment AG (Swiss,see website)
- New Scientific Partners
- Hochschule Mannheim (Germany, see website)
- FH Merseburg (Germany,see website)
- Università Degli Studi di Trento (Italy, see website)
- University of Latvia (Latvia, see website)
- Riga Technical University (Latvia, see website)
- University of Maribor (Slovenia, see website)
- Hanyang University (S. Korea, see website)
- VSB-Technical University of Strava (Czech Republic, see website)
- Lycée des Metiers Charles de Gaulle (France, see website)
- University of Applied Sciences Biberach (Germany,see website)
- Offis e.V. (Germany,see website)
- New Training Centres
- Landesberufsschule (Austria, see website)
- Landesberufsschule, Meran "Dipl. Ing. Luis Zuegg (Italy,see website)
- Landesberufsschule für Handwerk und Industrie (Italy, see website)
- Instituto Schneider Electric De Formacion (Spain,see website)
- New User Clubs
- KNX User Club Spain (Spain, see website)
3. ETS3 – Now with dongle
The new PC-independent ETS3 with dongle can be ordered now from the KNX association in Brussels (sales(at)knx.org). The dongle is available for all ETS3 license types. The surcharge is only € 50.00 compared to the version with host ID (ETS license only operational on PC with this ID). However during the introductory phase, the PC independent ETS3 Professional with dongle is on offer without any surcharge. All previous ETS3 users can update their host ID license at a special price of € 250.00 to the PC independent version with dongle.
4. ETS training package
A new and favourable offer for all schools, training centres, education centres, etc. The package contents:
- 1 x ETS3 Prof
- 10 x ETS Trainee (1 line, 20 devices, no print)
- 1 x Silver Bible
Price: 1.000,- € (with Host-ID); 1.500,- € (with Dongle)
5. ETS new price list
For more information see here
6. KNX Corporate Design Manual
I hereby kindly invite you to base all your future KNX communication on the KNX Corporate Design Manual you will find attached. Only in this way we will be able to jointly create the long awaited one face to the customer worldwide.
All corporate pictures / pictograms as well as the power point template you will find at Chapter: 11_Corporate Design in:
- www.knx.org: Members only
- Username: knx
- Password: isoiec14543
7. KNX Journal 1/2007
The new edition of KNX Journal is now available and will be sent out to you in the next few days. The main focus of this issue is “Energy efficiency with the world`s only open STANDARD for home and building control!” You will find the website edition here.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you require more copies (> 30) of the KNX Journal.
8. KNX Journal Italiano and Español
The KNX Journal is now also available in the languages: Spanish and Italian.
9. New Flyer
KNX Association created a flyer with the most important information on standards, certification process, available tools and duties of the KNX Association. This flyer is available in ten different languages: English, German, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish and Chinese – which are supplemented with English text.
10. KNX at the fairs & conferences
- ISH (Germany, 06-10.03.07)
- DOMOGAR (Spain, 06-10.03.07)
- ELFACK (Sweden, 07-11.05.07)
- The Connected Home (UK, 05-06.03.07)
- Smart House (Ukraine, 06-09.06.07)
11. New press releases
- March: ETS 3 – Now with a dongle. (see attachment)
- April: The Metering Industry is Counting on KNX. KNX now is a standard for radio communication for water, heating and natural gas meters.
For more information see press-releases here
12. New giveaways
- KNX folders
- KNX ball pens
- KNX writing pad
- KNX pins
- KNX lanyards
13. Job offers
Join us as a staff member of KNX Association International
- Tool Manager
- Marketing Assistant
See job descriptions.
For any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me (heinz.lux(at)knx.org).
Newsletter July 2006