Newsletter from KNX Association - June 2008
1. Status international Standardisation
- Approval of KNXnet/IP protocol by CENELEC as EN 50090-4-3.
2. News from KNX Standard
- Quantitative definition of bus load
- Porting of existing device models on IP: System 7 realisations in IP only devices (Mask 5705h)
- Increasing download speed of devices with large memory: introduction of possibility to download with ETS via local USB interface
- Defining conditions for deviating mechanical PEI realisations
- Definition of Easy channels for fan coil control
- New Data types for Electrical Energy and Tariff info
3. New Members, Training Centres, Scientific Partners, National Groups
- New members
3atel (Spain, www.3atel.es)
Armour Home Electronics (UK, www.armourhe.com )
AV Stumpfl GmbH (Austria, www.avstumpfl.com)
Basalte bvba (Belgium, www.basalte.be)
beyerdynamic GmbH & Co. KG (Germany, www.beyerdynamic.de )
CD Innovation (Israel, www.cdinnovation.com)
Comm-tec (Germany, www.comm-tec.de )
Divus (Italy, www.divus.eu )
Eldat (Germany, www.eldat.de )
Electroacústica General Ibérica (Spain, www.egiaudio.com )
Embedded Automation (Canada, www.embeddedautomation.com )
Enertex Bayern GmbH (Germany, www.enertex.de )
ESA elettronica S.p.A. (Italy, www.esahmi.com )
Esylux (Germany, www.esylux.com )
Geca (Italy, www.tecnocontrol.it )
Ingenium Ingeniería y Domótica S.L. (Spain, www.ingeniumsl.com )
KOMTECH GmbH (Germany, www.komtech.de )
Macostar Hong Kong Ltd. (China, www.macostar.com )
MDT (Germany, www.mdt.de )
Newron System (France, www.newron-system.com )
Nicco Innovate GmbH & Co. KG, (Germany, www.nicco-innovate.de)
PROMOVEO TECHNOLOGY LTD (United Kingdom,www.promoveo-technology.com)
Remeha B.V (The Netherlands, www.remeha.com )
Revox (Germany, www.revox.com)
Russound (USA, www.russound.com )
Sirlan (France, www.sirlan.com )
S-SYS (Belgium, www.s-sys.be)
Tci (Germany, www.tci.de )
Uponor Corporation (Finland, www.uponor.com )
Vity (France, www.vity.com )
- New Scientific Partners
- CITI (Spain, anabello(at)citic.es)
- Mälardalen University (Sweden, christer.gerdtman(at)mdh.se)
- The Applied Electronics Research Team – APERT (Spain, armando.astarloa(at)ehu.es)
- University of Technology of Compiegne UTC (France, manuela.sechilariu(at)utc.fr)
- University of Belgrade (Serbia, milan.ristanovic(at)gmail.com)
- New Training Centres
4. New KNX WGs/TFs
The new TF “KNX Audio/Video control” has been launched. The goal of this working group is the standardization of commands of A/V devices (in/decrease volume, channel selection, ….) via KNX.
For more information please send an e-mail to: joost.demarest(at)knx.org
5. KNX is green
The high reliability of the KNX standard, the multitude of possible functions one can realize together with the thousands of interoperable products, has made KNX a key contributor to energy efficiency. This topic and the advantageous role of KNX is raised to KNX Association more and more. The new brochure “Green Buildings” has found its way to more than 30.000 customers from all over the world so far, first and foremost in Asia.
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx/application-areas/knx-is-green/index.php
6. Largest increase in number of KNX Members
Since the beginning of 2007, membership of the KNX Association increased by a stunning 57 new manufacturers from 15 different countries – that’s the biggest growth ever, since the Association was founded in 1990.
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/manufacturers/list/index.php
7. KNX website available in 7 languages
All KNX information (on e.g. the KNX System, Standard, Partners, Tools, News, etc.) is now available in 7 languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish and Swedish.
For more information see: www.knx.org
8. KNX projects
A small selection from the many existing KNX reference projects worldwide from several KNX members and National Groups is available now.
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx/projects/knx-international-projects/index.php
9. KNX Awards 2008 – Round up of winners
This year’s awards broke all previous records with as many as 5136 KNX projects from 42 countries submitted.
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/knx/projects/knx-award-projects/index.php
10. KNX Journal 1/2008
The new edition of the KNX Journal is now available and has been sent out to 45.000 customers in 75 countries. The main focus of this issue is “ KNX IP”. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require more copies.
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/knx-journal/index.php
11. New press releases
Four new press releases are available in 7 languages.
- Splendid KNX Award 2008: Participants and winners from the whole world
- Largest increase in KNX membership and biggest sales of ETS licenses since the founding of the Association.
- KNX is Green.
- The new generation of electricians puts its trust in KNX
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/press-room/index.php
12. KNX Training Center Conference 2008
This year‘s conference will be held in Brussels at the Diamant Conference & Business Centre on the 10th of June 2008. You are kindly invited.
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/community/training-centres/tc-conferences/index.php
13. KNX Scientific Conference 2008
This year‘s conference will be held in Belgium at De Nayer Instituut on the 20th & 21th November 2008. You are kindly invited.
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/community/scientific-partners/scientific-conferences/index.php
14. New KNX flyers
The following flyers / brochures are now available:
- Green Buildings incl. DVD movie (English, German, Grench)
- Security, Efficiency and Comfort with KNX (English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Finish)
- First Steps (English, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Touch KNX (English, German, Spanish, Dutch)
- Know-how aus 10 Jahren Erfahrung / KNX Userclub Deutschland (German)
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require any flyer.
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/downloads-support/downloads/index.php -> 09 - Various -> 02 - Flyer
15. KNX at the fairs & conferences
- Sicurezza (Milano, Italy, 25-28.11.2008)
- HI-TECH Building & house (Moscow, Russia, 30.10.2008)
- Matelec (Madrid, Spain 28.10.2008 - 01.11.2008)
For more information see here
16. ETS3 – release 3.0f
The most important improvement of this ETS version lies in the support of KNX IP devices.
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/software/ets/index.php
17. KNX OPC Server
The KNX OPC Server can no longer be ordered from the KNX Association but is available from our new member company, NETxAutomation Software GmbH.
For more information see: www.netxautomation.com
Falcon is now available in four versions:
- Single IP (=one IP connection) with one license
- Single IP (=one IP connection) with unlimited number of licenses (=flat rate)
- Unlimited IP (unlimited number of concurrent IP connections) with one license
- Unlimited IP (unlimited number of concurrent IP connections) with unlimited number of licenses (=flat rate)
For more information see: www.knx.org/knx-en/software/falcon/index.php
19. KNX Tools Online Shop
The KNX Tools Online Shop was launched at the light+building in Frankfurt on April 8, 2008. The shop will fulfil all your needs as a KNX customer:
- 24 hour availability for obtaining licenses for all available KNX tools
- Payment via credit card and instant availability of the license
- Personal Login to personal data with access to all licenses, invoices, etc.
- The possibility to receive a new license key for changed hardware
- The service is currently offered in 5 languages (English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish) and will be offered in Italian and Swedish soon
- And much more
For more information see: http://onlineshop.knx.org.
For any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me (heinz.lux(at)knx.org).
Newsletter, September 2007
Newsletter March 2007
Newsletter July 2006