KNX Top Event 2012 KNX at light+building: Galeria, 8.0/F98 and 11.1/C97 KNX Award 2012 KNX Devices in Journal 1/2012 KNX Devices at light+building 2012
1. Happy New Year from KNX Association
The whole KNX team wishes you their warmest greetings for the New Year. We wish you will have much success with your KNX related activities in 2012 and we of course hope to see you soon at one of the numerous planned KNX events.
2. News from KNX Standard
The voting cycle for the extension and update of the KNX specifications launched in the last quarter of 2011 held a number of promising documents that will provide the basis for the further penetration of the KNX system in the market, i.e.:
- An extension to the PL110 medium called PL110+, paving the way for the more widespread use of the PL110 technology in applications requiring a higher data throughput (including data encryption) like smart metering.
- The current KNX RF technology as a single band single channel solution using the 868 MHz band was extended, in order to allow devices to jump to additional RF channels, if having to cope with disturbances by non KNX RF systems in the 868 or neighboring bands. This is referred to as ‘multi-channel’ KNX RF, fully upward compatible to the existing KNX RF devices.
For more information on (availability of) the specifications respectively providers of system components realizing the above extensions, please address an e-mail to joost.demarest(at)knx.org.
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx-standard/specifications/index.php
3. News Members, Training Centres, Scientific Partners
For more information see the worldwide list of KNX Manufacturers: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/manufacturers/list/index.php
New Training Centres:
- ABB Norway Training Centre (Norway, http://www.abb.no)
- Berker GmbH & Co KG. (Germany, http://www.berker.de)
- Berufliches Schulzentrum Döbeln (Germany, http://www.bsz-doebeln.de)
- CTF Training Centers (Argentina, training(at)factumingenieria.com.ar)
- Domotic-Xperience (France, formation(at)domotic-xperience.com)
- Elektrotehnicka skola (Croatia, http://www.eltehskola-zg.hr)
- Hager Elektro AB (Sweden, goran.petrusson(at)hager.se)
- IDX Academy (South Africa, knx(at)idxonline.com)
- JUNG Asia (Singapore, KeithLeong(at)sg.jungasia.com)
- Merdionale Engineering Training Center (Italy,http://www.meridionaleengineering.it)
- Pulsation Technology Center Sdn Bhd (Malaysia, gpchand(at)me.com)
- Rexel Sweden (Sweden, http://www.selga.se)
- Schneider Electric Turkey (Turkey, TR-Hotline(at)Schneider-electric.com)
- Schneider Electric Finland (Finland, http://www.schneider-electric.com/fi)
- Smart Building Design GmbH (Switzerland, peter.sperlich(at)gmx.ch)
- STRUXI (Brazil, http://www.struxi.com.br)
- Tomas Bata University in Zlin (Czech Republic, http://www.web.fai.utb.cz)
For more information see the worldwide list of Training Centres: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx-partners/training-centres/list/index.php
New Scientific Partners:
- Edith Cowan University (Australia, a.osseiran(at)ecu.edu.au)
- KATHO (Belgium, geert.demeyere(at)katho.be)
- Universidad Ort Uruguay (Uruguay, corbo(at)ort.edu.uy)
For more information see the worldwide list of Scientific Partners: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/community/scientific-partners/list/index.php
SPECIAL SECTION: light+building 2012
- KNX Top Event 2012
On Tuesday, 17th April 2012 at 18:30 until 20:00 (6.30pm-8.00pm) at the "Forum" Building at the Frankfurt Fair grounds (between Hall 3 and 5, next to the Marriott Hotel) the KNX Top Event at the Light and Building fair 2012 will be organized for the
- Celebration of the KNX Award 2012
- ETS apps world premiere
This international event with participants of over 50 countries will be organized in close co-operation with the L&B Fair Association. Although the official invitations will only be sent out in January, we would like you to mark this day in your 2012 calendar for light+building. We would like to invite you personally and your guests at your convenience.
- KNX at light+building - Galeria, 8.0/F98 and 11.1/C97
KNX will be presenting new KNX applications, innovations and new ETS4 Apps at its new main booth, called KNX City, at the Galeria. Next to this new KNX City, KNX is also still exhibiting at hall 8 and 11. Members of the KNX Userclubs from different countries will be showing KNX applications put into practice like energy efficiency, multi-media, smart metering, audio/video, security, remote monitoring, etc. The new ETS4 Apps will be presented to the public, placing particular emphasis on the improvement of work efficiency when creating KNX projects. Breathe KNX and visit us at Light and Building in Galeria, Hall 8.0/F98 and Hall 11.1/C97.
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/lb2012
- KNX Award 2012
KNX Association International is pleased to announce that applications can now be handed in for the KNX Award 2012, which will be granted at the light&building fair 2012 in Frankfurt. The KNX Award rewards worldwide the smartest KNX projects in home and building control, which stand out as regards innovation and technical progress.
- Deadline for submission: Friday, 20 January 2012
- Registration : www.knx.org/knxaward
- KNX Award 2012 Ceremony: Tuesday 17th April 2012 at 18.30
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knxaward
- KNX Banner at your disposal
As you all know, KNX Association International is currently announcing 2 special events. KNX at light+building and KNX Award 2012. We are aware of the impact that such events will have for all the KNX World and it may be that you want to announce such events to your clients, colleagues, friends and so. For this reason we offer you the KNX Banner, which can be used for your signatures, letters, etc. if you are interested, please download it here.
KNX devices in Journal 1/2012 and at light+building 2012
The next edition of the KNX Journal 1/2012 will be published at the light+building 2012 and will be distributed to 80.000 readers worldwide.
The KNX Journal will moreover be distributed to visitors at the light and building 2012.
If you are interested to announce new KNX devices in the KNX Journal 1/2010, please contact thibaut.hox(at)knx.org as soon as possible (but not later than 20th of January).
At the light+building 2012 KNX would like to still increase visibility for new KNX devices: KNX has therefore decided to offer you the possibility to display your products at the main KNX booth in the Galleria, in parallel to the announcement of these products in the KNX Journal.
The above "product advertising" is a service offered entirely FREE OF CHARGE by KNX Association to its members.
For any question please contact Mr Hox ( thibaut.hox(at)knx.org ) at +32 2775 8656
4. KNX Video Contest - Win an iPad
In October we started the KNX Video Contest, where you could make a short video about what KNX means to you. We are very pleased to tell you that we got more than 60 videos from all over the world. The deadline for uploading your video has now passed, but this doesn't mean that you can't win prizes anymore. You can still share your favorite video via Facebook and Twitter. The three people who share their favorite video the most through these social networks, will each win an iPad. All winners will be announced during the KNX Top Event at light+building 2012 in Frankfurt/Main.
For more information see http://contest.knx.org
5. New National KNX Journal - Spanish Edition
A new national KNX Journal is now available, namely the Spanish edition. This national KNX Journal focuses more on the local market and is written in the Spanish language. Main topics are:
- KNX Projects
- Advantages of ETS4
- News from KNX Spain
- Products, Sevices and Solutions
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/knx-journal/index.php
6. New Press Releases
3 new press releases are now available:
- KNX entry now made much easier
- KNX Stars at Worldskills London 2011
- KNX Award 2012
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/press-room/index.php
7. New KNX Flyers
KNX Association now offers 2 new flyers:
- KNX ETS eCampus: The click to success. Building automation with KNX has a great future – it is a business opportunity not only for professionals such as system integrators but also for newcomers. The newly developed ETS eCampus tool from KNX can signify the first step along the path to success. This flyer is currently available in 6 languages
- Generation KNX: The young generation is very important for KNX Association, because they are the future. This flyer focuses on the young generation with information about young competitions, interviews, projects made by young people and much more. This flyer is available in English and German.
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/downloads-support/downloads/index.php
8. KNX General Assembly
KNX Association has the pleasure to invite its members to the annual General Assembly, which will be held on the 15th February 2012. The meetings will take place at the ACC Conference Centre located at Frankfurt airport. The invitation and draft agenda will be circulated to all KNX members later this month.
For more information and registratgion, please contact hazel.johnson(at)knx.org
9. KNX at Fairs & Conferences
- ISE 2012 (Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 31.01.2012 - 02.02.2012, link)
- Sähkö Tele Valo AV 2012 (Jyväskylä, Finland, 01.02.2012 - 03.02.2012,link)
- interclima+elec 2012 (Paris, France, 07.02.2012 - 10.02.2012, link)
- KNX General Assembly (Frankfurt, Germany, 15.02.2012, link)
- Batibouw 2012 (Brussels, Belgium, 01.03.2012 - 11.03.2012, link)
- Ecobuild 2012 (London, England, 20.03.2012 - 22.03.2012, link)
- CYE 2012 (Basel, Switzerland, 13.04.2012 - 18.04.2012, link)
- light+building 2012 (Frankfurt 15.04.2012 - 20.04.2012, link)
- Eliaden 2012 (Oslo, Norway, 04.06.2012 - 07.06.2012, link)
- Electrical Building Technology Guangzhou (Guangzhou, 09.06.2012 - 12.06.2012, link)
- KNX Scientific Conference 2012 (Gran Canaria, Spain, 01.11.2012 - 02.11.2012, link)
For more information see http://www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/events-fairs/index.php
10 . ETS eCampus now available in the KNX Online Shop
The newly developed eLearning tool “ETS eCampus” from KNX can help set you on the path to success. This new web-based training tool, the KNX ETS eCampus, will help the KNX newcomers to quickly start with the basic principles, functions and control concepts of the KNX system and learn the most important steps with ETS4. The tool is available FREE OF CHARGE via the KNX Online Shop.
For more information see http://onlineshop.knx.org
For any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact heinz.lux(at)knx.org
Newsletter, September 2011
Newsletter, March 2011
Newsletter, October 2010
Newsletter, May 2010
Newsletter, Special light+building 2010
Newsletter, January 2010
Newsletter, September 2009
Newsletter, July 2009
Newsletter, March 2009
Newsletter, January 2009
Newsletter, October 2008
Newsletter, June 2008
Newsletter, September 2007
Newsletter, March 2007
Newsletter July 2006