KNX Association Newsletter - January 2010
20th Anniversary of the Worldwide Standard for Home and Building Control
KNX Top Event KNX Booth at light+building fair - 8.0/F98 and 11.1/C97 KNX Award 2010
KNX Devices in Journal 1/2010 and at light+building 2010 Touch Panels at the light+building fair
- 20th Anniversary of KNX Association
- New KNX Logo & Animation
- KNX Certified Products - New Page
- New Press Releases
- New KNX Handbooks
- New KNX Presentations
- KNX Website More International - Now for 17 countries
- KNX on Facebook
- KNX General Assembly 2010
- Smart Metering Conference
- KNX Training Centre Conference 2010
- KNX at Fairs and Conferences
1. News from KNX Standard
New EN 50491 Series
Recent activities in CENELEC TC 205 have concentrated on the separation of the protocol specifications of the Home and Building Electronic Systems (HBES) from the Hardware requirements for such devices. Following a joint working group with CEN TC247 ‘Building Automation’ (BACs), the part 2-2 of EN 50090 will be replaced by the new EN 50491 series. A first part 3 dealing with Electrical Safety has already been formally approved and published. Part 4 containing the EMC requirements has been approved and will soon be published. A further part of interest, part 2, will contain the Environmental Conditions for HBES and BACS devices. In the near future, the EN 50491 series will thus become the basis for CE marking of HBES and BACS devices, where EN 50090 will become entirely dedicated to the (KNX) protocol.
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-standard/knx-specifications/
2. New Members, Training Centres, Scientific Partners.
- Coster Tecnologie Elettroniche S.p.A (Italy, www.coster.eu)
- ECE Wurmitzer GmbH (Austria, www.wurmitzer.at)
- Eutelsat SA (France, www.eutelsat.com)
- Flexible & Specialist Cables (Caplink Ltd) (UK, www.fscables.com)
- LDS Intelligence Technology Co. Ltd (China, www.lds-china.com)
- Nagel Elktroanlagen (Germany, www.nagel-kandel.de)
- Steinel GmbH (Germany, www.steinel.de)
For more information see the worldwide list of KNX Manufacturers: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/manufacturers/list/index.php
New Training Centres:
- Schneider Electric Norge AS (Norway, www.schneider-electric.no)
- Sonepar Österreich GmbH (Austria, www.sonepar.at)
- ABB KNX Training Centre (India, www.abb.com/in)
- KNX Center (ASELEC/FENIE) (Spain, www.knxcenter.es)
For more information see the worldwide list of KNXTraining Centres: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/knx-partners/training-centres/list/index.php
New Scientific Partners:
- Technische Fachhochschule Georg Agricola zu Bochum (Germany, gehnen(at)tfh-bochum.de)
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Spain, iris(at)cedint.upm.es)
- Université Joseph Fourier (France, brigitte.meillon(at)imag.fr)
- University of Turku (Finland, aki.penttinen(at)utu.fi)
- Universidad Politecnica de Valencia (UPV) (Spain, rors(at)disca.upv.es)
For more information see the worldwide list of KNX Scientific Partners: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/community/scientific-partners/list/index.php
SPECIAL SECTION: KNX at light+building 2010
- KNX Top Event On Tuesday, 13th April 2010 at 18:30 (6.30pm) at the "Forum" Building at the Frankfurt Fair grounds (between Hall 3 and 5, next to the Marriott Hotel) the KNX Top Event at the Light and Building fair 2010 will be organized for the
- Celebration of the 20th Anniversary of KNX/EIB
- Granting of the KNX Award 2010
- Official Presentation of the new ETS 4.0
This international event with participants of over 50 countries will be organized in close co-operation with the L&B Fair Association. Although the official invitations will only be sent out in January, we would like you to mark this day in your 2010 calendar for light+building. We would like to invite you personally and your guests at your convenience. .
- KNX at light+building - 8.0/F98 and 11.1/C97 KNX will be presenting new KNX applications, new transmission media and a new ETS 4 beta version at its main booth in Hall 8 - which is twice the size compared to the last light+building edition . Members of the KNX Userclubs from different countries will be showing KNX applications put into practice like energy efficiency, multi-media, smart metering, audio/video, security, remote monitoring, etc. The fully overhauled version of ETS will be presented in a Beta version to the public, placing particular emphasis on the improvement of work efficiency when creating KNX projects, thanks to a new and faster database engine, new user-interface and lots of new functions. Breathe KNX and visit us at Light and Building in Hall 8.0/F98 and Hall 11.1/C97.
- KNX Award 2010
KNX Association International is pleased to announce that applications can now be handed in for the KNX Award 2010, which will be granted at the light&building fair 2010 in Frankfurt. The KNX Award rewards worldwide the smartest KNX projects in home and building control, which stand out as regards innovation and technical progress.
- Deadline for submission: Friday, 29 January 2010
- Registration : knx-award(at)knx.org
- KNX Award 2010 Ceremony: Tuesday 13th April 2010 at 18.30
For more information see www.knx.org/knx-en/knx/projects/knx-award-projects/index.php
- KNX Banner at your disposal
As you all know, KNX Association International is currently announcing 2 special events. KNX at light+building and KNX Award 2010. We are aware of the impact that such events will have for all the KNX World and it may be that you want to announce such events to your clients, colleagues, friends and so. For this reason we offer you the KNX Banner, which can be used for your signatures, letters, etc. if you are interested, please download it here.
KNX devices in Journal 1/2010 and at light+building 2010
The next edition of the KNX Journal 1/2010 will be published at the light+building 2010 and will be distributed to 60.000 readers worldwide.
The KNX Journal will moreover be distributed to visitors at the light and building 2010.
If you are interested to announce new KNX devices in the KNX Journal 1/2010, please contact thibaut.hox(at)knx.org as soon as possible (but not later than 29 th of January).
At the light+building 2010 KNX would like to still increase visibility for new KNX devices: KNX has therefore decided to offer you the possibility to display your products at the main KNX booth in Hall 8.0 F98, in parallel to the announcement of these products in the KNX Journal.
The above "product advertising" is a service offered entirely FREE OF CHARGE by KNX Association to its members.
For any question please contact Mr Hox ( thibaut.hox(at)knx.org ) at +32 2775 8656
Touch Panels at the light+building fair
One of the panels that will be shown at the KNX booth (8.0 / F98) will be entitled: “Touch KNX”. On this panel, we wish to show existing KNX touch displays from different KNX members.
If you are interested in showing your display, please contact christophe.parthoens(at)knx.org as soon as possible, but not later than 29 th of January
This "product advertising" is a service offered FREE OF CHARGE by KNX Association to its members.
For any question please contact Mr Parthoens ( christophe.parthoens(at)knx.org ) at +32 2775 8649
3. 20th Anniversary of KNX Association
In 2010, KNX will be celebrating its 20 th anniversary. Although the official invitations will be sent out later on, we would like you to mark the following days in your 2010 calendar:
- KNX General Assembly (Brussels, Belgium, 14 th - 15 th February 2010)
- KNX Top Event (Frankfurt, Germany, 13 th April 2010 at 18:30)
- 20th Anniversary of KNX Association (Worldwide event, 20 th October 2010 )
For more information, please contact: heinz.lux(at)knx.org
4. New KNX Logo & Animation
5. KNX Certified Products - New Page
KNX Association now offers an overview of all KNX Certified Devices at its website. The online product catalogue allows you to search for products according to product family and product type, then showing the order number of the KNX certified product, the name of the KNX member offering this product as well as a link to the relevant contact person at the stated member company. The page name is ‘KNX Certified Products’ and is located in drop down menu ‘KNX Members’.
For more information http://www.knx.org/knx-en/manufacturers/knx-certified-products/index.php
6. New Press Releases
New Press Releases are available:
- KNX Award 2010 KNX Association International is pleased to announce that applications can now be handed in for the KNX Award 2010, which will be granted at the light&building fair 2010 (on 13th of April at 6:30pm) in Frankfurt (Germany). The KNX Award rewards worldwide the smartest KNX projects in home and building control, which stand out as regards innovation and technical progress. Applications are welcome (at knxaward@ knx.org) from around the world in six categories: International, National, Publicity, Energy Efficiency, Young, Special. Deadline for submission: Friday, 29 January 2010. More info at www.knx.org/award
For more information see: here
- Open Metering System (OMS) - Konferenz stellt europaweiten Standard für Smart Metering vor Brüssel/Frankfurt am Main/Köln, 15. Januar 2010. Die ‚Open Metering Initiative‘ lädt ein zur ersten OMS-Fachkonferenz am 25. Februar 2010 beim ZVEI in Frankfurt am Main. Eingeladen sind Experten aus den Bereichen Smart Grid, Smart Home und Gebäudeautomatisierung. Diskutiert werden Anforderungen der Betreiber sowie Spezifikationen bezüglich Schnittstellen, Funktionalität und Wirtschaftlichkeit des europaweit geplanten OMS-Standards sogenannter intelligenter Zähler für Gas, Wasser, Strom etc. Informationen über die Konferenz und Anmeldeunterlagen sind downloadbar unter: www.openmetering.org
For more information see: here
7. New KNX Presentations
KNX Assoctiation offers 2 new presentations:
- Facts and Figures KNX Association Interested in the most important facts and figures of KNX Association? Do you know the origin of KNX or which Standard it complies to? Or maybe the main advantages of KNX are of interest to you or you would like to understand the position of KNX in the worldwide market place? All this and lots more at one glance, in the KNX Presentation offered for download.
For more information see: here
- KNX Training Centres Presentation The KNX Executive Board approved in May 2009 a simplification of the KNX Certification Procedure for Training Centers in order to still broaden the acceptance of the KNX technology in educational institutes worldwide. If you want to read a summary of this information, please download the KNX Presentation.
For more information see: here
8. New KNX Handbooks
The fifth edition of the "Handbook for Home and Building Control, Basic Principles" has now been translated into the following languages:
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/downloads-support/downloads/index.php -> 09. Various -> KNX Handbook
9. KNX Website More International - Now for 17 Countries
All KNX information (on e.g. the KNX System, Standard, Partners, Tools, News, etc.) is now available for 17 countries, the latest ones being:
For more information see: www.knx.org
10. KNX on Facebook
KNX Association wants to share what is happening anywhere in the KNX World at any time. Next to our Twitter account, we also have created a Facebook account in order to post the most recent information there.
For more about KNX on Facebook see here
11. KNX General Assembly
In 2010, KNX Association celebrates its 20 th anniversary.
For this occasion, KNX has the pleasure to invite its members a joint dinner to be held in the landmark monument of Brussels, the Atomium. This event is scheduled for the 14 th February 2010.
The celebration will be followed by a KNX information meeting on the next day, the 15th February, also at the Atomium, ending with the Annual KNX General Assembly.
For more information and registratgion, please contact: hazel.johnson(at)knx.org
12. Smart Metering Conference
The Open Metering Initiative of the three Associations figawa, KNX and ZVEI would like to invite you for the 1st German Conference of the Open Metering System on 25th of February 2010 at the ZVEI Building in Frankfurt. The conference will be held in the German language only.
For more information and registration: www.openmetering.org
13. KNX Training Centre Conference
KNX Association would like to invite all KNX certified Training Centers for an ETS 4 workshop exclusively organized for KNX Training Centers, which will take place on Thursday, 04 and Friday 05 of February 2010 at ABB Stotz in Heidelberg (Germany).
For more information see http://www.knx.org/knx-en/community/training-centres/tc-conferences/index.php
14. KNX at Fairs & Conferences
- ISE 2010 (Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 02.02.2010 - 04.02.2010, link)
- Sähko Tele Valo AV 2010 (Finland, 03-05.02. 2010, link)
- KNX Manufacturer Tool 4.0 Workshop (Frankfurt, Germany 03.02.2010, more info see below section 10)
- KNX Training Centre Conference (Heidelberg, Germany, 04.02.2010 – 05.02.2010, link)
- interclima+elec 2010 (Paris, France - 09.02.2010 - 12.02.2010, link)
- KNX General Assembly (Brussels, Belgium -14.02.2010 - 15.02.2010, info(at)knx.org)
- KNX Conference in Moscow (Russia, 11.03.2010, contact our KNX NG in Russia, here)
- light+building 2010 (Frankfurt, Germany, 11.04.2010 - 16.04.2010, link)
- KNX International Forum Spain (Madrid, Spain, 27-29.04.2010, link)
- Eliaden 2010 (Oslo, Norway, 31.05.2010 - 03.06.2010, link)
- 20th Anniversary of KNX Association (Worldwide event, 20.10.2010, info(at)knx.org)
For more information see http://www.knx.org/knx-en/news-press/events-fairs/index.php
15. KNX Manufacturer Tool 4.0
KNX offers KNX Manufacturer Tool 4.0 training for interested parties, mainly intended for people already familiar with the existing tool chain (but also for newbies). Main focus during the training will lie on:
- How to use the tool in general
- Steps to create new KNX product databases
- How to update an existing product database to a newer version
- How to create registration/ certification documentation
- How to perform translations
- Date: 03.02.2010 in Germany, Frankfurt (Airport Conference Centre).
- Software: a time limited version of KNX Manufacturer Tool 4.0 will be provided in advance.
If you want to attend please send us a mail at support(at)knx.org
The KNX Manufacturer Tool is available for KNX Members only
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/software/manufacturer-tool/description/index.php
16. Falcon 1.8
In the beginning of January 2010 KNX Association released the new version of the Falcon Driver Library, the software driver for access to the KNX bus. The new version Falcon 1.8 has the following new feature:
- Compatible with Windows7 32 bit
For more information see: http://www.knx.org/knx-en/software/falcon/description/index.php
17. KNX Tools Online Shop
- Support integrated in KNX Online Shop In your Online shop account, you will now also find the menu item ‘My Support’. This menu allows you to get in direct contact with KNX Support, without needing to make a support case in the previously separate KNX support tool. ‘My Support’ also allows you to consult past support tickets, in this way creating your own personal knowledge base at the tip of your fingers!
For more information see: https://onlineshop.knx.org
18. New ETS Action
If you are the proud owner of an ETS 3 Trainee license, here is the occasion to benefit from our Special Action:
Upgrade your ETS 3 Trainee to ETS 3 Professional before 31.01.2010 and get a reduction of € 200. Please use the following code number in the KNX Online Shop: TRANYSPACTEFK3SF9R9T .
For more information see special actions at the KNX homepage: www.knx.org
For any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me (heinz.lux(at)knx.org).
Newsletter, September 2009
Newsletter, July 2009
Newsletter, March 2009
Newsletter, January 2009
Newsletter, October 2008
Newsletter, June 2008
Newsletter, September 2007
Newsletter March 2007
Newsletter July 2006