Falcon - Features
New since 2.1
- Individual- Address- Management, maintenance of several IA#s on tunnelling server
With updated product descriptions (catalogues) in ETS4 the efficient maintenance/ consideration of interfaces with more than one possible bus access is possible. The Falcon is extended with the necessary basic- functionality.
- Local KNX/ IP and USB download over cEMI transport layer
Support of direct download of KNX/ IP and USB devices (as long the devices itself support this). ETS4 was extending with a communication option to control this feature.
New since 2.0
- Local gateway management function added
With a few lines of code, it is now possible to read and write the local gateway configuration. This includes the individual address, domain address and the repeater flag.
- Improvement of KNX/IP error handling
The error handling of KNXnet/IP connections has been improved. If a connection becomes invalid, Falcon tries to reconnect periodically.
- Change of licensing
The licensing has been removed. All Falcon functions can now be used without any restrictions. Existing Falcon based software will run without any problems with the new Falcon 2.0.
New since 1.8
- Falcon release on Windows7 32 bit
New since 1.7 (bug corrected version only)
- Fix constantly increased memory consumption on USB connection
- Fix wrong life time information on broken KNXnet/IP connections
- Prevent for de- installation of ETS3 Falcon files by external software with embedded Falcon
- Fix wrong setting of frame repetition information in IP “routing indications”
- Decline Falcon setup on windows 2008 server
New since 1.6
- Support of Localization of the Connection Manager
New since 1.5 (this version was not released as standalone package)
- Update of runtime and development environment to .NET2.0 and Visual Studio 2005
- Support for Long Frames
- Support for KNXnet/IP Routing protocol
- No (longer) support for Windows 2003 Server
- No support for Windows 2008 Server
New since 1.4
- Supports all Windows Vista 32-bit versions
- Supports Windows 2003 Server
- Updated Licensing. This allows more flexibility.
New since 1.3
- Support of the KNXnet/IP protocol . This new protocal is also known as "KNXnet/IP" and is an alternative for EIBlib/IP (iETS).
- Remark: KNXnet/IP requires .NET Framework 1.1
- Attention: Windows NT4 is no longer supported in this version
New since 1.23
- IConnectionManager Interface. IConnectionManager provides an easy-to-use user interface for the end user in order to establish and configure connections with the KNX bus.
Since older versions
- Supported PC gateways:
- USB (new since version 1.23)
- EIBlib/IP (iETS)
- RS232: both PEI-16 and PEI-10
KNX Access (r/w=read/write, cl/co=connectionless, connection oriented):
- Group addressing r/w
- Memory access r/w
- Physical addressing: ping, scan, write
- Property access r/w cl/co
- Domain address r/w
- Property description read
- Local device services
- Setup based on Microsoft's Installer technology (MSI)
This eases the integration of Falcon in your applications: you only need to integrate Falcon's redistributable merge module. Please carefully read the information provided in the help file regarding the deployment of Falcon components.
- Network management functions for Domain Address Scan
The domain address scan method from the INetworkManagement interface scans for all individual and domain addresses defined by the KNX handbook, but be careful this might take several hours. You could also use DomainAddressScanEx from the INetworkManagement3 interface. Here you have the possibility to fine-tune the scan. Moreover, this scan can be aborted by using the CancelDomainAddressScan method called from e.g. a second thread.