ETS4 - Description
- What is ETS?
- Why ETS?
- Which is the latest ETS version
- Who is using ETS?
- ETS 4 Professional, the newest version for all application areas
- Continuously Upgrading – our commitment
What is ETS?
ETS means Engineering Tool Software; a manufacturer independent configuration tool Software to design and configure intelligent home and building control installations with the KNX system.
ETS is a software, which runs on Windows© platform based computers.
KNX as founder and owner of the KNX- Standard offers with ETS a configuration tool, which is de facto a part of KNX- Standard and therefore part of KNX system as well. This results in some major advantages:
1. Guarantee of maximum compatibility of ETS software with KNX- Standard
2. All product databases with certified products from all KNX manufacturers can be imported in ETS
3. Backward compatibility of ETS to product data and projects of earlier ETS versions (until ETS2) saves your working results and allows editing.
4. Everywhere in the world all planners and installers use one and the same ETS tool for every KNX project and for every KNX certified device. Reliable data exchange is therefore guaranteed.
Which is the latest ETS version?
The KNX system has by now a history of more than 20 years. In this period several ETS versions where released.
The newest and comprehensive ETS version is ETS4. It is backwards compatible to ETS3 and ETS2; hence data (such as KNX projects) of earlier ETS versions can be processed without problems.
Who is using ETS?
The ETS focuses on all users of the KNX system; from the beginner up to the skilled and experienced KNX partner or installer.
To achieve optimal work results for all users, KNX offers – depending on the user’s knowledge – several ETS versions plus corresponding tools for different target groups directly within the software. Currently there are following three essential ETS4 versions:
- ETS4 Demo: free of charge test and trial version; very small test projects
- ETS4 Lite: small to mid range projects
- ETS4 Professional: all projects sizes; all functions
ETS4 Professional, the newest version for all application areas
The ETS4 Professional is the powerful successor of ETS3. ETS4 Professional supports you in the realization of home and building automation projects in following phases and tasks:
- Project Planning & Design
- Project- Documentation
- Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
With ETS4 you will get a fully redesigned ETS- generation. Besides the new user interface, many new functions are introduced which further improve the work within the KNX system.
By using ETS4 Professional, you can now compose solutions for all application areas for which ETS ready products are available from KNX manufacturers. Using ETS4 Professional empowers your business – not only technologically, but above all commercially.
Application areas include:
- Lighting control (switching; dimming; “mood lighting”)
- Shading control (shutters; blinds)
- Heating, ventilation, air-conditioning (individual room temperature control; control of radiators, thermal units, boilers, coolers, fans, …)
- Access & security (presence detection; burglary and fire detection and alarm; presence simulation; panic switch)
- Energy management (consumption metering; load shedding; …).
- Comfort functions and intelligent control across all applications (central user control; combined scenario’s; intelligent process control; …)
- Remote control and remote maintenance (e.g. via phone or Internet)
- Interfacing to complementary or peripheral systems (white goods; supervision consoles; facility management; dedicated security systems; audio; multimedia; services; …)
- … and more!
We introduced ETS on the market in 1993, and we have ensured continued maintenance and upgrades for this software at reasonable conditions ever since. Each year, in line with our core business objectives, we continue to invest in continuity and improvement, to your advantage as our customer.