KNX Trademark Logo
KNX Association is the creator and owner of the KNX technology – the worldwide STANDARD for all applications in home and building control, ranging from lighting and shutter control to various security systems, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, monitoring, alarming, water control, energy management, metering as well as household appliances, audio and lots more. The technology can be used in new as well as in existing home and buildings.
For members of the KNX Association the system is royalty-free, moreover can be implemented on any processor platform. All products bearing the KNX logo are certified in order to guarantee system compatibility, interworking and interoperability.
KNX is the only global standard for home and building control with
- A single, manufacturer independent design and commissioning tool (ETS).
- A complete set of supported communication media (TP, PL, RF and IP).
- A complete set of supported configuration modes (system and easy mode).
- See more advantages.
KNX is approved as
- European Standard (CENELEC EN 50090 and CEN EN 13321-1).
- International Standard (ISO/IEC 14543-3).
- Chinese Standard (GB/T 20965).
- US Standard (ANSI/ASHRAE 135).
This standard is based upon more than 20 years of experience in the market including its predecessors, EIB, EHS and BatiBUS. Over 300 member companies worldwide from different application domains have almost 7000 KNX certified product groups in their catalogues. The KNX Association has partnership agreements with more than 35,000 installer companies in 120 countries and more than 90 technical universities as well as over 250 training centres.